As an Extruder Operator, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the production equipment and processes to help make our high-quality pet food brands. Your primary duties and responsibilities include:
Role and Responsibilities
- Follow the production schedule as advised
- Properly operate the extruder and dryer, and any other related equipment.
- Properly operate the mixer, the micro system and any other related equipment.
- Properly operate the unloading and grinding system and any other related equipment following the prescribed SOP.
- Adjusting extruder process by equipment controls
- Occasional climbing of ladders to make physical adjustment to equipment
- Unloading bulk ingredients
- Transferring of feed from one bin to another
- Make changes to product batches being processed by adding bulk ingredients
- Set up dies with cutter heads by lifting heavy objects and handle sharp blades attached to moving parts
- Monitor bin inventory.
- Set up cleaning with MoleMaster equipment, as required.
- Measure bins, as required.
- Properly lubricate equipment to ensure guaranteed life of all parts.
- Ensure proper routing of material flow.
- Collect samples for quality control of moisture, fat and protein content
- Complete and distribute all reports as required.
- Keep work area well swept and in a neat and clean manner in accordance with daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
- Follow established rules of conduct and maintain compliance with plant and food safety standards at all times.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or GED
Forklift operator experience
- Indoor/outdoor working conditions
- Loud noise levels (required to wear ear plugs)
- Concrete Floors
- Occasional confined environments
- Pressurized steam in extruder area
- Lift up to 60+ pounds
- Daily climbing on ladders/stairs
- Standing 8+ hours a day
- Repetitive shoveling of ingredients
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
- Work Location: In person
- People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Midwestern Pet Foods is a fourth generation, family-owned pet food manufacturer based out of Evansville, Indiana. What started as Nunn Milling Company in 1926, Midwestern Pet Foods has now grown to operate four kitchens in the USA, producing an impressive portfolio of excellent pet foods and treats for all kinds of furry friends. Join our family of quality pet food brands!